I didn't mean it
(2) mean to do sth. “打算做某事”
(3) I didn't mean to “我不是故意的”，美剧中常用
(4) I didn't mean it “我不是故意的”，美剧中也很常用
A: You took her locket, didn't you?
B: I didn't mean to.
A: I don't wanna hear any excuses.
I'm sorry. I didn't mean it. I just made a mistake.
it was an accident
(1) accident “意外”
(2) it was an accident “这是意外，我不是故意的”
It was so not an accident.
A: It was an accident.
B: Porter, I warned you.
on purpose “故意地，有目的性地”
You did that on purpose.
It's not like I did this on purpose.
(1) intention “意图，目的”
(2) intentional “故意的，蓄意的，存心的”
(3) it wasn't intentional “我不是故意的”
(4) intentionally “故意地，有意地”
I did drop the plate, but it wasn't intentional.